Beyond Service Awards
To recognize those School Business Officials who have performed outstanding service in a specific area, above and beyond their typical responsibilities.
Any member of NJASBO may be recommended by a county President. Letters of recommendation are to be submitted to the Executive Director.
The criteria for nomination are that the nominee must:
(1) be a active member of NJASBO as of September 30 of the school year of nomination
(2) have performed a significant service, above and beyond their typical responsibilities, deserving of special recognition,
to one of the following:
a. his/her school district
b. his/her community
c. the profession of school business administration
(3) not be a current member of the NJASBO Executive Committee.
The Above and Beyond Service Award winner shall be recognized in the following manner:
(1) Presented with a plaque conveying the honor at a Trustee’s Meeting
(2) Recognized by a press release to state newspapers and to his/her local newspaper
(3) Recognized by his/her local Board of Education via official letter from the Executive Director of NJASBO to
the district Board of Education president and CSA