DISTINGUISHED SERVICE AWARD
SCHOOL BUSINESS OFFICIAL OF THE YEAR
To recognize the long-term, continuous, exemplary service of School Business Officials in the various regions of the state.
Each County President of NJASBO may nominate up to two (2) School Business Officials from his/her county who:
is an active member of NJASBO as of September 30 of the school year of nomination
has a reputation deserving of recognition
is considered a leader or resource for others
is not a current member of the
NJASBO Executive Committee
has 15 years of experience as a school business administrator and has worked for one School district for a minimum of five years.
All nominations in this category may only be made by the County President, since it is believed the knowledge of service to the county and profession will be known best via the county unit. Posthumous nominees or retirees shall be considered as any other nominee, using the same criteria and judgment of those participating in the process.
Nominations in this category shall be reviewed by a regional panel consisting of the county presidents of that particular region.
Officers from NJASBO will only participate in certain circumstances depending on the number of county presidents from the region who attend the selection meeting.
Seven or five presidents attend – no NJASBO officer attends
Six or four presidents attend – the NJASBO officer from the county that is not present shall vote. If that county is not the one absent, then the officer most recently elected will be included.
Three presidents attend – two officers from the region most recently elected, but if only one officer is from the region, then the NJASBO President is included.
Two presidents attend – three officers (most recently elected officer from that region, President, Past President)
One or no presidents attend – five state officers make decision at the next Executive Committee meeting instead of a regional meeting.
After the number of electors is determined, each member of the panel casts up to three votes. A majority of votes from the panel is required for selection. In a case where no nomination receives a majority, the lowest vote recipient shall be dropped and a new vote shall be taken. In the case of a tie for low vote, those involved in the low vote shall be voted upon separately for continuation or elimination. The process shall continue until a majority vote for two candidates is achieved. Ballots shall be cast as secret ballots with the NJASBO officer representing that region counting the ballots.
Upon recommendation of the regional panel of county presidents, which is not reviewable by any subsequent panel, the school business officials so selected will be recognized with a Distinguished Service Award at the Annual Conference. Click on this link for the
NOMINATION FORM distinguished_service_award.docx
PAST PRESIDENT LETTER past_president_letter.pdf
The Distinguished Service Award winner shall be recognized in the following manner:
Presented with a plaque conveying the honor.
Recognized by his/her peers at the conference general session.
Recognized by a press release to state newspapers and to his/her local newspaper.
Recognized by his/her local Board of Education via official letter from the President and Executive Director of NJASBO to the district Board of Education president and Chief School Administrator.
Given a $1,000 scholarship for a student at the school of his/her choice, presented in his/her name.
Given a $100 gift certificate.
Made eligible for NJASBO School Business Official of the Year award.
Given assistance for ASBO International award recognition.
NORTHERN CENTRAL SOUTHERN
Bergen Hunterdon Atlantic
Essex Mercer Burlington
Hudson Middlesex Camden
Morris Monmouth Cape May
Passaic Ocean Cumberland
Sussex Somerset Gloucester
Warren Union Salem
ABOVE AND BEYOND SERVICE AWARD
To recognize those School Business Officials who have performed outstanding service in a specific area, above and beyond their typical responsibilities.
Any member of NJASBO may be recommended by a county President. Letters of recommendation are to be submitted to the Executive Director.
The criteria for nomination are that the nominee must:
(1) be a active member of NJASBO as of September 30 of the school year of nomination
(2) have performed a significant service, above and beyond their typical responsibilities, deserving of special recognition, to one of the following:
a. his/her school district
b. his/her community
c. the profession of school business administration
(3) not be a current member of the NJASBO Executive Committee.
The Above and Beyond Service Award winner shall be recognized in the following manner:
(1) Presented with a plaque conveying the honor at a Trustee’s Meeting
(2) Recognized by a press release to state newspapers and to his/her local newspaper
(3) Recognized by his/her local Board of Education via official letter from the Executive Director of NJASBO to the district Board of Education president and CSA
ASSOCIATE BUSINESS MEMBER AWARD
ABOVE AND BEYOND
Purpose of Award
The Business Partner of the Year Award recognizes a NJASBO Associate Business Member for going above and beyond what would be considered normal job responsibilities on behalf of a school district as demonstrated through specific actions over the school year 2018/19.
- Nomination forms are due by 3:00 p.m. on March 20, , 2020
- New Jersey School District Business Officials to provide nominations of an Associate Business Member/firm in good standing who has demonstrated outstanding service or commitment
- Completed applications should be emailed or sent to the attention of Membership Chair,Noelle Baglivo at email@example.com or mailed to NJASBO • 4 AAA Drive • Robbinsville, NJ 08691.
- Be an Associate Business Member of NJASBO in good standing
- Have gone above and beyond for a New Jersey school district, not merely performing their contract well, but taking extraordinary measures to meet a district’s needs, thus deserving of special recognition
- Firms that are members of the Executive Committee of the NJASBO Associate
Business Members or firms currently contracted with NJASBO must recuse themselves from the selection process
- All nominations shall be reviewed by the NJASBO Associate Business Members Executive committee. Final selections will be made by a committee to include the Executive Director and President of NJASBO, and the Executive Committee of the Associate Business Members
Nominations can be made in one of three ways:
- The Associate Business Member firm may nominate itself by submitting a completed nomination form that is signed by a school district’s business official;
- A school business official may nominate an Associate Business Member firm by submitting a completed, signed nomination form; or
- The Executive Committee of a county ASBO may nominate an Associate Business Member firm by submitting a completed nomination form that is signed by the county ASBO president.
The winning Associate Business Member firm shall be recognized in the following manner:
- An award of distinction presented at the Annual NJASBO Conference held in June;
- Press release and photo to state-wide newspapers and the firm’s local newspapers
- Congratulatory letter from the President and Executive Director of NJASBO and the President of the Associate Business Members of NJASBO
- An article and photo in Keypost Magazine
- Recognition on the NJASBO Web site